Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pre-op 02/15/07

Just got back in town. pre-op was a breeze. the've got this new "spray" can for numbing the arm to give shots. it's an aerosol can that "freezes" the site and numbs it for a few seconds. it worked GREAT for Josie. MUCH better than that white cream that doesn't usually work.

okay, here's the details:
Josie is scheduled first up (7:30am). we need to be at the hospital at 6:15 which means leaving our house around 4:30am again.

but when we get there, there is a chance that her surgery may be postponed or canceled all together becuase the hopspital is FULL. in one day recently they had over 200 admissions. but we won't know until we get there!!! hopefully we would just have to wait til later on in the morning or afternoon. of course we're hoping for it to go as scheduled.

secondly, there is a 50/50 chance he'll only need to expand both rods and not replace one. if so, we could probably get discharged tomorrow too! but we're still "planning" on a replacement and being there a couple days.

No comments: