Sunday, April 30, 2006

One week to go!!

Seven days from now i'll put my body and mind to the ultimate test. The marathon is just days away! My foot is feeling better. it no longer hurts when i walk on it. if i flex it different ways it hurts though. hopefully it will continue to heal over the coming week. Probably around Wednesday i'll go to the chiropractor and get an adjustment. my back has been hurting some, but it also can't hurt to get "alligned" before i put my back and hips through 5+ hours of running.

I've been going to the gym and using the seated bicycle. Saturday (yesterday) the marathon class ran 9 miles - the last of the long runs. So i went and rode the bike for the number of minutes it'd take me to run 9 miles. i planned for 12 minute miles so i ran about an hour and 50 minutes. However the bike is very low impact and to get my heart rate up, i had to pedal faster - so i ended up "running" 14 miles in the time i planned for. it felt pretty good. I'll go to the gym this next Tuesday and Thursday and that's it!!! Then rest, rest , rest!

I will try an email everyone Friday night. We leave for Lincoln Saturday morning. The race begins at 7:00 AM Sunday. I plan to run no slower than a 12 minute mile. Therefore, i should complete the marathon within approximately 5 hours and 20 minutes; finishing at 12:20PM. Hopefully my pace will be a little quicker, like around an 11:30 minute mile. this will get me close to the 5 hour mark.

As far as the fundraiser.... $1256 is all that's needed over the next 7 days. $1256 and we will have met the goal i set out with. That would be soooo awesome... $5000 towards Josie's ongoing medical bills. Nothing would make me happier than to cross that finish line and know that i have also raised the money i set out to for Josie.

Keep the prayers coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so dad do you know how much money you have so far hopefully a lot. well see you tomorrow..am i still going to dance class?
talk to you later
lov you
Cami

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Good to hear you are feeling better. "You can do it! Yes you can!" Does that sound like Bob the builder? That brings back some memories. I'm praying for someone to run with you. That may be several during the run. Betsy says, you will meet people at the race that will encourage you to keep running. Know I am praying for you and know you will do fine.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Put us down for $500.
God will make a way, where there seems to be no way. He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a way for me, He will be my guide, hold me closely to His side, with love and care for each new day...He will make a way...He will make a way!
We will be praying for you!
James and Rebecca

familyman5 said...

Thank you for the "song" Rebecca. you guys are the bomb. i still miss you guys after all these year. back when you had the little red Chevette and James' Chevelle was collecting dust in the garage... listening to your wonderful alto voice singing El Shaddai, James' busting his head open in the river... boy, those were the days.

love you guys,
shawn

Anonymous said...

James is home doing his honey do list ha ha (cleaning out his closet now...I'm getting a major dust head ache). He said he will give you a call tonight...could you email your number.
We just got back from the state soccer tournament. We were number one in the state...and came in number 2 with 8 seconds left last year...but Josh pulled his hip flexor/quad...wasn't supposed to play...but did anyway. The opposing team scored off a penalty kick (our defender accedentally ran into their forward and knocked him out for 5 minutes-he was ok though)...so we lost 1-0...oh well, God's will!
With Josh getting a full scholarship to UCA (Presidential), I don't know if I want him playing soccer anyway...but, he probably will...he takes after James ha ha.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane...we always LOVED YOU...a very special person!
Luke is 22, Joseph is 20, Joshua is 18, James is 16, Jon is 14 and Mark is 11...can we REALLY be that old ha ha.
We are going to try to make it up there to see you all this summer.
James runs a lot refereeing and coaching soccer...but a run...hmmm I don't think so.
me?...I can run to the end of the drive way ha ha.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Shawn
I will be praying for you as you run this race. Here are a few scriptures and thoughts that I'd like to share with you:

"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two." Matthew 5:41 He will indeed be with you as He has already made a way for you to complete this race, to be blessed and to be a blessing.

" And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it;for we are well able to overcome it." Numbers 13:30 The key word here is overcome. My prayer is you will be able to overcome any obstacles incuding road conditions, weather, pain and loss of focus by continuing to trust in the Great Overcomer!

"So the wall was finished on the 25 day of the month Elu;, in 52 days. When all our enemies heard of it, all the nations around us feared and fell far in their own esteem, for they saw that this work was done by our God." Nehemiah 6:15-16. Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE for our Lord.

Sarah Mays